BluDog Adds MedCBDX Gum To Its Product Line
SARASOTA, Fla., Aug. 16, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — BluDog Products LLC, a subsidiary of International Consolidated Companies, Inc. (INCC), is pleased to announce the addition of Mastix LLC’s MedCBDX gum available at www.BluDogProducts.com
MedCBDX gum helps Golfers improve their scores!
78:00 on the time line on the August 7th show.
Mastix LLC is a manufacturer located in Maryland that specializes in developing and manufacturing tableted products that provide faster absorption of active ingredients – chewing gum, lozenges and chewable tablets. Tableted chewing gum is a delivery system where the active ingredients are mostly absorbed through the oral mucosa during chewing, which is faster (and more bio-available) than products that use conventional oral absorption in tablet, capsule or liquid dosage forms through the gastrointestinal tract. Because of the efficient delivery of actives, Mastix supplied the US Military with millions of packs of caffeine gum for the Military’s ration kits.
Mastix is one of very few gum manufacturing companies in the world that can make functional chewing gum products – and the only functional gum manufacturer in the United States. The functional gum is made using a recently patented manufacturing process of adding active ingredients to a powdered gum base and then tableting the gum using direct compression, thus making a product that has content uniformity from piece to piece. Mastix is the only company that manufactures its own powdered gum base for tableting. This process allows Mastix the flexibility to create custom chewing gum formulations from virtually any powdered or oil-based active ingredients. Conventional chewing gum manufacturers use a high temperature extruded process that can destroy the active ingredients, which results in a sub-potent final product. The MedCBDX chewing gum is manufactured under FDA-regulated GMP conditions at room temperature so the actives are fully available in the final product.
Advantages of CBD Chewing Gum
- Absorption through the oral mucosa (buccal or sublingual) is up to five times faster than conventional ingestible orally delivered products like capsules or liquids.
- Cannabinoid products that are ingested into the digestive tract (via capsule, liquid, edible) are less than 10% bioavailable to the body (GW Pharma published research).
- Delivery through the oral mucosa shows increased bioavailability of actives.
- The patient/consumer does not need to swallow any pills therefore benefiting the 40% of the population with an aversion to swallowing pills.
Tableted chewing gum provides a better delivery mechanism for active ingredients and supplements than conventionally manufactured chewing gum, and versus other oral dosage forms, like capsules or beverages.
- Increased compliance in people with swallowing difficulties (40% of people based on clinical studies).
- Convenient and discreet: does not require any liquid for swallowing.
- High bioavailability of ingredients: avoid hepatic first pass metabolism through the stomach and liver.
- Widely acceptable and very familiar to consumers.
- Fast acting: many times faster absorption than ingested tablets, capsules and liquids.
“We are excited about the addition of Mastix MedCBDX gum to our products offerings. I think it embodies our brand’s identity, message and mission: ‘Help people by providing the highest quality products with smarter, cleaner, better delivery systems so their bodies will absorb efficiently, Give back, Have Fun and make money!’ Exciting times ahead!” said Antonio Uccello, President INCC.
International Consolidated Companies (INCC) was founded in 2002. INCC is focused on acquiring and growing businesses that offer innovation, quality, and cost-efficient Cannabis technologies.
This press release may contain certain forward-looking statements and information, as defined within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and is subject to the Safe Harbor created by those sections. This material may contain statements about expected future events and/or financial results that are forward-looking in nature and subject to risk and uncertainties. Such forward-looking statements by definition involve risks, uncertainties and other factors, which may cause the actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from the statements made herein.